What makes social media so beautiful is how it allows users to express themselves in text, image, and video content. Visual contents make platforms very colorful. Humans are attracted to colorful things and that’s what pictures tend to do.
The first thing that attracts a platform user to another is mostly the profile picture attached to it. An average user is more likely to accept a friend request of another user who has a profile picture.
It is by instinct that when we receive a friend request, we first check out the profile picture and the full profile itself. This sends a message about who the person in question is just by looking at the picture.
LinkedIn Profile Pictures
What is so special about LinkedIn? With over 500 million users all over the world, LinkedIn is the most dominated professional social media platform in the world. It is important to understand that, unlike other social platforms, LinkedIn is specific to career building and professional networking.
This means that you cannot just upload random pictures that qualify for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn users are more interested in your professional image than your social lifestyle and what makes them connect with you is when they see you have something of value that they can gain from. It could be advice or knowledge, mentorship, patronage, and even job recommendations.
Why People Upload LinkedIn Profile Pictures
- To attract potential employers: It will be easy for an employer not just to see your skills but also to know the face of the person with such skills. A good profile picture will send a positive message about who you are, making it easier for you to get the attention of your recruiter. Did you know that recruiters spend not more than 10 seconds viewing a potential candidate’s profile? What will make the recruiter stay longer on yours? Your profile has to stand out, not only do you need outstanding skills to show off, but you also need a quality profile picture to back up your skills.
- To advertise their services: A good professional profile picture will highlight the services rendered by an individual. For example, as a chef, your profile picture should capture you in a chef dress. This will give your connections an idea of who you are and what you do. You can even attract potential business partners just by how you present your services.
- To show their latest achievement: There is a sense of accomplishment that comes when you meet your goals. People tend to celebrate their career success by showing it on LinkedIn. It could be a convocation picture, first day of work picture, and so on. This will give others an idea of how much of a go-getter you are.
Why It Is Necessary to Have a Good LinkedIn Profile Picture
In today’s career world, there is a level of evolution that has taken place. We have moved from the traditional way of hiring employees to the digital way. It is recommended that every job seeker must have a LinkedIn account because it will allow you to have a digital footprint.
In other words, people can easily find you on the internet. It might not be a good thing to a few people who cherish their privacy, but no one wants to hire a ghost with no digital presence.
Apart from being visible on the internet, a LinkedIn account gives you an opportunity to sell yourself to potential recruiters all around because they are always searching for new talents. In the past, many job seekers would move from a firm to another physically to tender their resumes which might be very tedious.
But today, you can easily send messages to recruiters through LinkedIn in your comfort zone. It is not enough to highlight your skills and competencies without providing a good profile picture. That would make it difficult for you to get the attention of recruiters.
How should a Linkedin profile picture look like?
- It must be very clear: You do not want a negative first impression of your potential connections so it would not be wise to take a blurry photo of yourself and display it on your Linkedin profile as your profile picture. In addition to this, the photo must be very recent and less childish.
- It must be professional: It would not be wise to take a casual picture of yourself, especially if your outfit cannot be worn to the office. There must be a sign of formality in your dressing. It might not necessarily require you to put on a full suit with a tie (which might sell you out well by the way), just look smart and presentable. Do not wear clothes that are too revealing neither should you appear too romantic because it is not a dating site. Your appearance must portray you as a confident person. It is not right to also include children or pets. Keep in mind the surroundings of your profile picture background because partying backgrounds are not professional.
- Headshots and Portraits: Headshots usually capture your full face and a bit of your chest. It is very similar to a passport photograph, but you can smile in headshots. Headshots and portraits guarantee that your face appears clearly and attractively and this will make a good example for a professional LinkedIn profile picture.
- Cool Background: the picture background should send a good message to users that would be viewing your profile. If you do not want to use an office environment with good spacing, you can find a nice wall that has bright colors to bring out the clarity in your photo. Rough backgrounds will not do much good in showing how professional you are. Furthermore, cropping another person out of the picture is a no. Ensure you own the picture.
How to Update Your LinkedIn Profile Picture
LinkedIn has made the process of uploading profile pictures quite easy and straightforward. All you have to do is follow the steps below;
- Step 1: Go to your LinkedIn app if you are using mobile or log on to the webpage with the computer.
- Step 2: Insert your username and password to sign in to your account if necessary.
- Step 3: When you have successfully logged in, go to your account profile on the platform by clicking on the Me icon at the top left of your homepage.
- Step 4: Click on the profile picture to upload a new picture.
- Step 5: After clicking on it, four options will appear. Edit, Add Photo, Frame, and Delete.
- Step 6: Clicking on Add Photo will show you two more options. Use Camera or Upload Photo.
- Step 7: Choosing to Use Camera will enable you to take a direct photo shot immediately for you to use as a profile picture while opting for Upload Photo will allow you to scan through your gallery for good images you can use.
You can also edit your pictures to adjust how it looks to people by clicking on the Edit icon. The options that are available for you to edit the picture includes:
- Zooming the image to alter the picture size
- Repositioning the photo to ensure the right background and images are well highlighted.
- Cropping the photo to remove unnecessary edges and make the picture clearer.
- Adjusting the brightness, contrast, saturation, and vignette of the photo to your own preference. It is necessary that you do not overdo it.
- Photo filters are also available for use
Once you are done editing the photo as much as you like, then click on Save Photo so it can be saved on your profile.
How to Download LinkedIn Profile Photos
There are many reasons why you might want to download profile photos on LinkedIn. It could be yours or another person’s own. Going about it is not an issue and it is quite easy when you follow the guidelines that I will be giving out soon.
- Through the LinkedIn platform: This can be your first stop when you wish to have your profile picture downloaded. However, there is no special button that enables you to download the picture easily on the profile page.
- Step 1: Log on to your LinkedIn account through your mobile phone or your computer. Ensure you are using the LinkedIn webpage. It is always easier that way.
- Step 2: Once you have signed into your personal LinkedIn account with your username and password, go to your profile page.
- Step 3: At the top left corner of the profile page, your picture is located there.
- Step 4: Right-click on the picture till a set of options appears.
- Step 5: Once the options appear, click on save image.
- Step 6: After clicking on save image, your download commences.
This method of downloading a LinkedIn profile picture is very direct, however, the quality of the picture is likely to be poor because you literally copied it from the screen of your system.
If you wish to download the full-sized version of your Linkedin profile photo, you will have to go a bit technical. Firstly, go to your profile page, next, inspect the element to view the page source and lastly, find the hidden URL to download. Do not be alarmed, it is not as hard as you think when you follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Log on to your LinkedIn account through your computer.
- Step 2: Sign in with your username and password to gain access to your personal profile.
- Step 3: Once you get to your personal profile, click on the pencil icon to edit your profile summary.
- Step 4: Click on the pencil icon on your profile picture to enable editing.
- Step 5: Once you have gotten to the page where your picture appears in full, right-click on it to reveal the options.
- Step 6: Click on the option, Inspect Element.
- Step 7: Once this is done, a series of codes will appear. This code represents the picture that is already cropped.
- Step 8: Carefully study through it to look for the source code for the original and full picture. You will see something like this, class=photo-cropper_original-image hidden, just below the first bunch of codes.
- Step 9: Select and copy the source URL (directly after src=”). This URL is directly after the highlighted code above. The URL takes you to the original image.
- Step 10: Once you get to the page that contains the full image, you can right-click to download.
- Through third-party websites: You can also use third-party websites to download images on LinkedIn. These websites are automatically connected to your LinkedIn account when you register on them. They aid you in performing functions that your LinkedIn account would not allow you to do normally. They are created to help LinkedIn users utilize the full potential of the platform. Examples of these third-party websites include LiProspect and Einstapp.com.
Liprospect is an automated LinkedIn website that enables you to improve your marketing strategies on LinkedIn itself. It allows you to get your target audience in a fast and efficient way. Liprospect can be recommended for B2B service suppliers.
With its easy-to-use features and cost-effectiveness, Liprospect ranks higher than other third-party websites affiliated with the LinkedIn platform. If Liprospect is connected to your LinkedIn account after you have signed up, then it is possible for you to download profile pictures on LinkedIn.
- Step 1: Sign up with Liprospect. Service is free for a period of seven days, after which you will be asked to subscribe in order to enjoy more features.
- Step 2: Go to your account profile page on Liprospect.
- Step 3: Click on your profile picture and copy it to your device.
It is important to note that there is no special feature on Liprospect that will enable you to download a profile photo automatically. Furthermore, this method can only work on the web app.
Einstapp is a website that enables you to download profile pictures easily. They are built for that purpose and the registration is easy. The only thing the website needs from you is your mobile number.
- Step 1: Go to the website https:///MD/Download-IMO-Display-Photo.html
- Step 2: Once you get to the landing page, the first thing that would be required of you is your mobile number.
- Step 3: You will then enter the correct information and it will be ready for use.
- Step 4: Choose the pictures you want to download accordingly and download as you please.
The benefit of this website is that it is easy and fast to use. It does not require much process to get to your goal and you do not have to download or update.
Your privacy is also secured because your identity is anonymous. It is not just limited to LinkedIn alone, other platforms like Facebook and Twitter are not exempted.
We have seen why pictures are very important in getting to know people. This is because first impressions matter and nothing makes a better impression than a very good-looking professional picture. Furthermore, we addressed how to upload, update and edit LinkedIn profile photos.
Understanding this, we also looked at what is required of a LinkedIn profile picture and what not to do as well before going through ways on how to download LinkedIn profile photos.
Going through this process, you will be able to achieve your goal without stress when you either choose to download directly from LinkedIn or when you use third-party websites like Einstapp.com. Thanks for reading.